The Best Moisturizer For Acne Prone Skin in Australia – On the hunt for the best moisturizer for acne prone skin? If you want clearer skin without ruining your face, keep reading as we have some of the best recommendations.
Finding the best moisturizer for acne-prone skin is daunting. While hydrating skin is a crucial step, the treatment of acne-prone skin requires considerable insights and deliberation. Luckily enough, there are many products out there that exist to pamper even the most breakout-prone skin. Regarding this, below is our suggestion of the best moisturizer for acne prone skin.
Let’s dive into each productback to menu ↑
The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors HA
Frankly, The Ordinary is among the few drugstore brands that satisfy both skincare novices and gurus. Thanks to the simple but sufficient ingredient lists, most of their products are suitable for even the most sensitive skin. That also explains the buzz they created with this Natural Moisturizing Factors HA.
This product contains ceramide and hyaluronic acid that smoothen and hydrate skin, moisturizing ingredients such as amino acids, urea, phospholipids, etc. It does not have silicone and fragrance that are primary concerns for acne-prone skin. Overall, it is among the best moisturizers for keeping skin protected, well-hydrated, and eventually stronger over time.
- Reasonable price
- Good for all skin type
- Not greasy or sticky
- A little goes a long way
- Hydrating without clogging pores
- Takes a while to absorb to the skin
- May feel slightly tight on certain areas
Effaclar Mat Oil-Regulating Moisturiser
According to La Roche-Posay, this Mat Oil-Regulating Moisturiser belongs to the Effaclar series – a range of comprehensive anti-imperfection solutions that targets all life stages with high efficacy.
It is formulated with thermal spring water, contains glycerin and sebulyse that help nourish the skin, regulate sebum, and reduce oil production. It can function as a primer as it tightens enlarged pores, evens your skin tone, subsequently transforms your complexion into a smooth, silky canvas.
- Quick absorption
- Reduces pores and sebum
- Smooth, lightweight finish
- Mattifying without irritating skin
- Ideal for sensitive and acne-prone skin
- Lack oil control
- May leave dry patches
back to menu ↑
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Face Gel Moisturizer for Dry Skin
Neutrogena Hydro Boost is a famous alternative to high-end products. It has a unique gel formula and contains hyaluronic acid, which instantly quenches dry skin and rejuvenates the whole face.
The gel absorbs quickly to the skin, leaving it more supple, clear, and brightened. This product helps reduce cystic acne, balance pH levels, and keep the skin fresh for the entire day. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel is also perfect for daily use as it is oil-free, dye-free, and fragrance- free.
- Reduces acnes
- Quick absorption
- Not sticky or irritating
- Can be used under makeup
- Moisturizing and brightening skin
- Excessive packaging
- May not suitable for oily skin
back to menu ↑
COSRX Oil Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion
Most people with oily, sensitive skin find it hard to find a moisturizing product that does not clog pores and worsen their breakouts. COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion is made to resolve that problem.
It is a watery moisturizer that gives great hydration without leaving the face oily. This product has a very light consistency, meaning it quickly penetrates the skin and leaves it hydrated, fresh, and dewy. One minus point is that it can feel slightly tacky when just applied.
- Not greasy
- Contains birch sap
- Lasts a long time
- Perfect for oily/combination skin
- Slightly tacky
back to menu ↑
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for all Skin Types by Cetaphil for Unisex
Cetaphil has been famous for providing low-priced, effective skincare products that are gentle to even babies. That is why when it comes to the best moisturizer for acne prone skin, Cetaphil is on top of our minds.
First, it is an elegant moisturizer that you can apply to both body and face. Second, Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is recommended for acne and oily skin as it contains 6 moisturizing ingredients that provide hydration to the skin without causing breakouts. Finally, emollients and humectants in this product will help to bind moisture to the skin.
- Mild and long lasting
- Made for sensitive skin
- For both body and face
- Smoothens and hydrates skin
- Soothes chronically dry skin
- Greasy for daily use
- Contains alcohol
back to menu ↑
Signs of the best moisturizer for acne prone skin
Often when you do not nourish your skin, it has to work harder to compensate, resulting in oil overproduction that is difficult to handle. That is why you must use a moisturizer specifically made for acne-prone skin. Below are what you should notice when looking for a good moisturizer.
- If you are prone to breaking out, remember to opt for products that read oil-free or non-comedogenic. Non-comedogenic moisturizers are particularly beneficial to acne skin as they are less likely to clog pores and cause purging. On the other hand, try to avoid oil-containing products that tend to leave an annoying greasy residue on the skin.
- Once the product is certified oil-free and non-comedogenic, scrutinize its ingredient list. It is better to choose a moisturizer with a lotion-like and fragrance-free formulation. The fragrance itself is a no in skincare, let alone moisturizing products. Bear in mind that unscented is different from fragrance-free.
- The best moisturizer for acne prone skin should also include glycerine, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, and alpha-hydroxy acids. A moisturizer containing SPF would be extra beneficial to acne-prone skin. In contrast, a good moisturizer should not have isopropyl myristate, lanolin, mineral oils, silicones, sodium lauryl sulfate as its main ingredients.
The best moisturizer for acne prone skin in our opinion
At this point, we hope you have gathered all information needed for choosing a moisturizer for your skin. For us, the best moisturizer for acne prone skin would be the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Face Gel Moisturizer for Dry Skin. Overall, this is a phenomenal product that guarantees proper hydration and moisture treatment for skin with the lowest risk of disappointment. However, all products are great for acne skin, so check them out to see which suits you best.