Even when you do not realize you need it, priming is essential for achieving a flawless makeup look. A primer is like a cushion between your bare face and external conditions, its aim is to protect the skin from potential damage and prolong foundation wear. However, knowing that primers are important is not enough, as you need to educate yourself what genuinely good primers are. Speaking of that, here are some of the best primers for oily skin in Australia that we highly recommend.
Now let’s break down each product
SmashBox Photo Finish Oil-free Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer, 30ml
This oil-controlling primer is a must-have for hiding large, visible pores. It covers pores and fine lines without leaving them cakey, allows your foundation to adhere better, therefore, extends your makeup’s longevity. Also, many customers raved about its ability to especially fill in nasal pores and keep eyeglasses in place the entire time.
It is a nude cream that doesn’t feel heavy when layered up. That means you can have as much as you need to diminish pores and enhance your complexion. Mattifying, water-resistant, non-drying formula – this is one of the best primers for oily skin in Australia!
View on Amazon
- Easy to build up
- Gives a light, matte finish
- Increase foundation adherence
- Long-lasting without being cakey
- Effectively covers pores and fine lines
- May pill sometimes
back to menu ↑
COLLECTION Primed and Ready Mattifying Number 1 Pore Minimis
If you are looking for the best everyday primers for oily skin in Australia, check this one out! It may initially feel a bit slippery but will absorb quickly into your skin, minimize pores and enhance your complexion texture. It is easy to apply and blend out effortlessly on the face, meaning it can be used either alone or with foundation.
You can apply it on oily areas such as the forehead, nose, and chin, then top it with a thin layer of foundation to create a naturally flawless complexion. It has a velvety formula and is super mild with witch hazels, so if you want a primer that works without irritating your skin, you can give it a shot.
- A little goes a long way
- Leaves smooth, soft finish
- Gentle, perfect for everyday use
- Increase foundation adherence without tampering its color.
- Goes on easily, fills pores and facilitates smooth application.
- The texture is quite dense
e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer, 14 ml
This mineral primer will make your skin feel so good that you can wear it with a tinted moisturizer or no foundation at all. It may feel a little bit greasy when being applied but will absorb a few minutes later – this time you can put your foundation on and it will be even and silky. Plus, it comes with a pump applicator so you can adjust the amount to your need.
This is one of the best primers for oily skin in Australia for many reasons. The best thing is that your foundation will stay put all day without coming off or becoming cakey. This product will cut off shine, keep the skin ultra-hydrated, and won’t clog pores or cause you breakouts. It is also easily blended with even coverage that enables the smooth application of foundation.
- Contains mineral-rich ingredients
- Has a thin, smooth texture that matches the skin tone
- Has a transparent formula that smoothes the skin, creating a smooth, water-like film.
- Quickly reduce skin dryness, excess oil, large pores, and wrinkles
- Bring radiance and shine to the face
- Need several presses to get the product
back to menu ↑
Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer, 30 ml
Always struggling with an oily face when wearing makeup? This might be the product for you. It is among the best primers for oily skin in Australia as it effectively controls oil, does not clog pores, blurs imperfections, making your skin lovely and even. It will seal all the shine without suffocating your skin and create a clean base for your foundation to smoothly glide over.
Thanks to its high oil-control ability, Rimmel’s Stay Matte primer suits oily skin best. If you are always aware of skin patches or greasy looks, you can use it alone to create a matte, smooth, non-greasy complexion. And if you feel more extra and put on a layer of foundation, your makeup will last all day without any oil peeping through.
- Leaves the skin blemish-free and pore-free
- Making the foundation even and last longer
- Has a light cream texture that becomes transparent and blends well
- Extremely high oil-preventing ability
- Can be used separately for a smooth, non-greasy complexion
- May oxidize
back to menu ↑
Max Factor Miracle Prep Pore Minimising and Mattifying Primer, 30 ml
Want a matte foundation but afraid of dry skin? This may be the product you are looking for. Not only does it control oil, tighten pores, make wrinkles become blurred, this product also makes the foundation even and lasts longer. Although mattifying, it does not cause dryness or discomfort, but instead makes your face feel comfortable and smoother.
This product has a chemical scent when applied, but it doesn’t linger so it won’t bother you. In addition, this primer helps to brighten and even the skin texture, has no sticky feeling but can be slightly runny when coming out. Overall, it is an outstanding product in terms of the best primers for oily skin in Australia.
- Mattifying, non-drying formula
- Facilitates smooth application and prolongs foundation wear
- A watery, lightweight texture that applies easily and doesn’t feel sticky on the skin
- Infused with a triple oil-absorbing powder complex to get rid of shine and minimize pores.
- Makes the skin smooth and perfectly prepped for foundation
- Unfavorable smell
back to menu ↑
Of course, all products have their benefits and downsides, but they have one thing in common – all are potentially the best primers for oily skin in Australia. In our opinion, the best one would be the Max Factor Miracle Prep Pore Minimising and Mattifying Primer. It is amazing for not only pore-reducing purpose but also smooth foundation application, helps the foundation to stick better and eventually long-wearing. In short, whether you love flawless makeup or natural clear skin, priming is always a must. Remember if you find no foundation work for you, you might not get the right primer.