Best GPS watches for hiking in Australia - Nowadays, hiking has become a favorite activity for sports and adventure lovers. For a great hiking experience, you should not miss a powerful companion device, which is the GPS watch with many useful features. However, there are so many types and brands of watches on the market that make you confused. Do not miss this article, your problem will be solved immediately with the top 5 best GPS watches for hiking in Australia.
A good hiking watch not only shows time and date but also gives you important information like altitude, location, air pressure, sunrise and sunset time. This can help with navigation, planning, and weather forecasting. The watches with dedicated hiking features are very popular today thanks to the use of useful technology.
GPS is regarded as the best feature of the watches for hiking. Thanks to this feature, hikers can locate, pinpoint their destination and distance without fear of getting lost. A GPS watch is a useful device, which is both compact and versatile hikers should not miss.
The Typical Features Of GPS Watches For Hiking
Smartwatches have many special and useful features that give maximum support to our life. However, when choosing a GPS hiking watch, we should get rid of the unnecessary features. Below are some typical features to prioritize when choosing hiking watches.
While every GPS watch can give you real-time, distance, and speed data, higher-end models can support accessories like a heart rate monitor or bike speedometer. Some are waterproof, and create alternating and enhancing exercises. Many GPS watches also have added accelerometers. Not only do they act as an activity tracker, but they also calculate your distance and running speed.
GPS hiking watches often have a simple, compact design, and some are sporty. These watches have a touchscreen display for easy operation. Some models don’t have touch but replaced with buttons because it is easier to manipulate when your hands are sweaty or have to go in the rain. In general, the strap models will be made of excellent absorbent silicone material giving you a comfortable feeling to wear and operate for a long time.
Ability to sync with other platforms
You should consider whether the watch you buy is compatible with the smartphone device you are using. The ability to sync data via Bluetooth and track statistics on a phone app is a plus. In addition, GPS hiking watches have built-in heart rate tracking straps.
5 Best GPS Watches For Hiking In Australia
Below are the 5 best GPS watches for hiking in Australia highly recommended for you. Considering carefully, you will find out the best choice.
Garmin Forerunner 35 GPS Watch
Referring to the best GPS watches for hiking in Australia, you should not miss Garmin Forerunner 35 GPS Watch. Below are some highlights of this product.
- Forerunner 35 is thin and light, which is perfect for everyday activities, hiking, and cycling.
- It has a square design that makes standing out from the crowd and looking sporty and dynamic.
- Built-in GPS tracks your distance quickly and gets accurate charting of your running route.
- Track all-day activity, count steps, calories, and minute intensity, and remind you on the go.
- Connected features: smart notifications, automatic upload to Garmin Connect, live tracking, and music controls.
- Forerunner 35 offers up to nine days of battery life in watch mode and up to 13 hours in exercise mode.
- Water-resistant up to 50m.
- Navigating between menus with the arrow buttons is time-consuming and inconvenient
Garmin Forerunner 735XT GPS Watch
Next on the list of the best GPS watches for hiking in Australia is Garmin Forerunner 735XT GPS Watch.
- Forerunner 735XT is connected to both US and global satellites, so you can track GPS virtually anywhere in the world.
- Professional training tracking such as estimating your VO2 max concentration, steps, distance, and even your sleep.
- You can combine with Garmin Varia Vision products to keep track of your parameters while staying focused during exercise such as cycling or running.
- Optical sensors monitor your heart rate accurately and in detail.
- Support notifications from smartphones.
- Water resistant up to 50m.
- The design is not yet suitable for wear in all situations.
- Bluetooth connectivity with the Garmin Connect app is not complete on the Android operating system.
FITVII Smart Watch
FITVII Smart Watch is one of the best GPS watches for hiking in Australia with some below highlights.
- FITVII IP68 waterproof smartwatch can support swimming and all activities underwater.
- The colorful HD touch screen will provide an exceptional and high-quality visual experience, making it easy to check the data on the screen.
- Keep track of your heart rate and blood pressure throughout the day and night. It also analyzes your sleep quality and state.
- FITVII smartwatch is compatible with all Android and iPhones.
- Fully charged in 2 hours can keep 3 - 7 working days.
Garmin Forerunner 245 GPS Watch
Garmin is a famous brand for the best GPS watches for hiking in Australia. Garmin Forerunner 245 GPS Watch is no exception with some highlights.
- This GPS watch is very light and impressive with all the outstanding features like a compass and oxygen meter to track the amount of oxygen in your blood.
- It features a sleek design with five buttons that are easy to operate in all weather conditions. It has a beautiful color display and a wrist-based heart rate sensor and smartphone notification compatibility.
- Incident detection sends your real-time location to emergency contacts via a smartphone. That means if you get into trouble and lose consciousness, the watch can alert someone itself to emergency help.
- Battery life is impressive with up to 7 days in Smartwatch Mode, 24 hours in GPS mode with no music, and 6 hours in GPS mode with music.
- Water resistant to 50 meters.
Coros Pace GPS Watch
Ending the list of the best GPS watches for hiking in Australia is Coros Pace GPS Watch. With a slee design, this product attracts buyers from first sight.
- Coros Apex is made of premium materials with a titanium alloy case and sapphire glass.
- The 240-pixel x 240-pixel LCD screen is clear and visible under direct sunlight.
- It has all the advanced sensors such as an altimeter, compass, a wrist-based heart rate monitor.
- Supports both GPS and GLONASS satellites.
- Data transmission via Bluetooth.
- Impressive battery life: Up to 30 days in regular use and 35 hours in GPS Mode. It even comes with UltraMax GPS Mode that gives you 100 hours of battery life.
- Water resistant up to 100m.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below are some frequently asked questions about the best GPS watches for hiking in Australia you can not miss. Following these answers can help you to use the GPS watches in the most effective way.
Should we use a smartphone as a replacement for a hiking GPS watch?
No, because Using a compact GPS watch is easier and more convenient than a bulky phone with a limited battery. Moreover, the GPS application on mobile devices has many limitations and must depend on the network to connect and maintain GPS reading status, so the connection is poor when you are out of range.
Should we use a touchscreen watch or buttons?
A GPS watch with buttons will be convenient to manipulate when your hands are sweaty or have to go in the rain. However, touchscreen watches have many features. Therefore, you should choose the product meeting your needs.
Hopefully, the guide helped you to get interesting information about the best GPS watches for hiking in Australia. To have great hiking experiences, don’t forget to choose the best GPS watches for hiking in Australia we mentioned above.
Garmin Instinct Tactical Edition GPS Watch and Wearable4U 2200 mAh Power Bank Bundle (Tactical Coyote Tan)View on Amazon
Garmin 010-02064-00 Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS, Features Glonass and Galileo, Heart Rate Monitoring and 3-Axis Compass, GraphiteView on Amazon
Garmin Instinct Solar (Graphite) GPS Outdoor Smartwatch Power Bundle | with PlayBetter Power Bank Charger (Large) & HD Screen Protectors | Hiking Military Watch | Heart Rate, Waterproof | 010-02293-10View on Amazon
Garmin fenix 5 Plus, Premium Multisport GPS Smartwatch, Features Color Topo Maps, Heart Rate Monitoring, Music and Contactless Payment, Black/SilverView on Amazon
POLAR Grit X - Rugged Multisport GPS Smart Watch - Ultra-Long Battery Life, Wrist-Based Heart Rate, Military-Level Durability, Sleep and Recovery, Navigation - Trail Running, Mountain BikingView on Amazon
Amazfit T-Rex Pro Smartwatch Fitness Watch with Built-in GPS, Military Standard Certified, 18 Day Battery Life, SpO2, Heart Rate Monitor, 100+ Sports Modes, 10 ATM Waterproof, Steel BlueView on Amazon
Celestron - NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope - Compact and Portable - Newtonian Reflector Optical Design - SkyAlign Technology - Computerized Hand Control - 130mm ApertureView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-10-07 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API